Wednesday, May 23, 2012

If I could only remember my name...

That was a David Crosby album way back when.  I just spent 10 minutes trying to remember my e-mail and password for this blog.  Seems like a senior moment.

Anyway, I have been cursed by a quote that I myself once posted by Gustav Holst: "Don't compose anything until you can't not compose it."  The problem is that a while back, I had this idea for an opera.  I started writing the libretto and then put it away, hoping to forget the idea.  Well, it is taking it's toll on me, and I have accepted that after 2 "not bad" albums ("Lenore's Pet Raven Edgar" and "Water Deities"), 1 acceptable ("Transmissions for the Machine Planet" [which my son thinks is great]), and 1 painful album (let's just say that "A Round Trip" shows my Throbbing Gristle side), the opera MUST be completed.  The working title is "Excuse Me While I Talk To God".  I don't know what to do about the vocal part.  I can't sing worth a "wooden nickle."  I'll think of something.

No comments:

Post a Comment