Sunday, September 2, 2012

Lenore's Pet Raven Edgar


"Lenore's Pet Raven Edgar" is a 6 hour piece.  The reasoning behind doing it was just to see if it could be done, a six hour piece of music completed within a week.  Each recorded in the evening, much of it done while drinking Jameson Whiskey, but not enough to get drunk.  I have stated before that I don't always inted to make a long piece of music, I merely allow it to happen.  Other times I do make a piece of music that the intention is there.  All of the extremely long pieces have a time duration goal in mind.  I put myself under these "tasks" and "deadlines" for the sake of accomplishing the goal itself.  After doing the piece, I had no idea of a title.  The working title was something infering to an elf that lives under a tree in my back yard that tells peoples secrets.  While listening the piece, my wife said it reminded her of Edgar Allen Poe.  I thought that to be a great reference, especially with the Jameson influence.  Thus, the title "Lenore's Pet Raven Edgar" emmerged.

No comments:

Post a Comment