Thursday, August 4, 2011

Rescuing Andromeda


01-Live From The Cafe Annapurna     61:41
02-A Beautiful Tattoo      45:50
03-Let's Go For A Swim      60:07
04-Those Little Men In The Ceiling Tiles Never Stop Working 60:26
05-The Web Construction Kit     66:59
06-Rescuing Andromeda      55:29
Total time     5:50:33

"Live from the Cafe Annapura" is an actual liver performance, outside the confines of my home studio, with a smal audience.  The Cafe Annapurna was a small Nepalese restaurant in Tallahassee and I performed there a few times.  On this particular occasion, I took the recording devices and the computer and recorded the show.  This is the hour.
"A Beautiful Tattoo" is part staring a person's tattoo and the title of a work of computer generated art.  I'm not much on ever getting a tattoo myself, but some are quite lovely.  This is a jam piece, improvs all the way.
"Let's Go For A Swim" is based on rythyms plucked out on muffled strings.  The different patterns blend together to make a long sense of submersion.
"Those Little Men In The Ceiling Tiles Never Stop Working"  I have no idea how many remixes I did on this one.  I went for the subtle approach to the "situation."
"The Web Construction Kit"  A piece based on a study about the effects of drugs on spiders.  It's a great study, look it up.  The music presented here is one of those rare ones that I thought came off very well.  When I listen to it, the changes are subtle, but when I jump around in the piece, or leave it and return, ut changes.
"Rescuing Andromeda"  I was totally overwhelmed by the artwork of Gustav Dore.  The music in this piece is a journey through bits and pieces of the story "Orlando Furioso".  Discover it, if you will.

No comments:

Post a Comment