Monday, May 4, 2015

Here I go again

 I may be taking Oenyaw to the next level.   I saw The Who last week for the first time.  I was watching Pete Townsend play guitar and thought "Anyone who thinks they can do that is an arrogant, disillusioned idiot.".  This is after seeing Paul McCartney in October.  Last night, the ultimate view of rock'n'roll, a TV commercial with Ringo Starr selling shoes.
I read a book a couple of years ago which stated that the term "rock" as in you rock me, as well as "rock and roll" was synonymous with the word "fuck".  This means that every time you see a slogan with the term rock, you can replace it with the word fuck, and  it doesn't change anything.  So, "old people rock", "kids rock", "Jesus rocks", "conservative republicans who attend mega churches and hate gays lesbians blacks Hispanics advocate the sale of handguns and purposefully run over turtles crossing the road rock" can be changed to say, well, you get the idea.
All this brings me to an exciting way to begin marketing Oenyaw, or I should say myself, is the proud proclamation "Oenyaw doesn't rock."  I woke up this morning, ate my breakfast, watched some educational show with some guy singing a rocking song about going barefoot, "Let your feet be free" and thought "enough."
Basically, after  finishing my 38th mega album (the term I am now using for my mp3 discs), is that it's time Oenyaw came out of the closet.
If you are reading this, please respond.

No comments:

Post a Comment