Monday, May 4, 2015

OMG!!!

I just realized that I haven't written about any of my music for nearly two years.  Strangely enough, but no surprise, this coincides with when I began my career as a dietary manager.  I've got a lot of catching up to do.  On the Oenaw site, http://Oenyaw.net, there are four more albums.  "Excuse Me While I Talk To God", "Waiting For The Mortician, Or Someone Like Him" (subtitled "Open Mic Night at the Vogoon Poetry Club"), "Conspiracy Therapy", and "Typee".  The website was redone by Jeremy Tyre, of whom I can't express my appreciation and gratitude enough.  "Excuse me..." is what I called a soundtrack for an impossible movie.  Not the traditional Oenyaw. Midi compositions, synthesizers, drum tracks, ext.  "Waiting..." goes even further, containing short wave radio transmissions, samples, different instruments and even a speach by fearless leader.  "Conspiracy Therapy" is 8 hours of noise, short wave radio leftovers I couldn't help but doing something with.  "Typee" is traditional Oenyaw, based on the Herman Melville novel.
There are three more that haven't made it to the site yet. "Visions from the Ancient Gallery" contains more synth and midi's and is roughly correlated with William Blake poetry.  "Conversations With Apollo", is traditionally Oenyaw as well as the newly finished and for some reason incredibly difficult to finish #38 which still doesn't have a title.  I've considered many humorous variations about death, but it just doesn't seem to be working.  Maybe I should consider  rebirth as a theme instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment