Thursday, August 20, 2015

Waiting for the Mortician (... or someone like him) Open Mic Night at the Vogon Poetry Club

The title is a mouthful.  It's my tribute album. I have mentioned before that my favorite Beatles song is "Revolution #9", I have numerous references to Douglas Adams and The Firesign Theater, and a long standing love for " Bullwinkle and Rocky", so here it is.  The title is a dead rip from "Waiting for the Electrician(...)", and then there's the idea of a night club on a different Planet where Vogon Poetry is featured.  The voices throughout are backwards tracks from radio broadcasts (shortwave, AM & FM), as well as a speach by President Obama.  Their were initially over 50 tracks, which were combined for obvious reasons.  Many of the tracks titles are from various sections of " The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy ", with a few different titles, one is the only line ever used by both Firesign Theater and Monty Python's Flying Circus, one then there's "Revolution #9" backwards.
The overall idea stems from too many weird gigs, including walking into a corner bar and finding a dysfunctional group of people on stage arguing and playing.  I would be hard pressed to describe how I did this one.  I would have to go section by section of each track to figure it out.  I consider this to be the Oenyaw comedy album, laid out like an all night musical play.  I really enjoyed making it, and still laugh while listening.  It, too, is being repaired.

No comments:

Post a Comment